Pathio Users

Ability To Select/Deselect Models To Print

My idea is this.
Let’s say you add 8 models to Group 1.

Now I only want to print 2 of those models at a time, so I can select the model or models to print.

Basically make a model in a group or a group itself active or inactive as far as generating gcode to print.

1 Like

Interesting idea. When we have more robust support for saving separate project files, we expect that people will set up different prints in different projects. If you’re adding models to a particular project then you want them to be printed. Still, toggling off a group would be an interesting feature…

1 Like

It was just a thought - idea!

To expand a little on my idea and I run into this daily!
I get a job that is let’s say 13 parts. All parts need to have the same settings such as layer height, infill etc.
I load all 13 parts to group1, set my options as needed to affect all 13 models as a group - nice feature!
Now the issue is, some of the parts are large and print one at a time but others are small and can be printed in a group.
So, I can select which models to print in a current run - save gcode - then go back and select other ones and make a second run etc. saving all the gcode files off pretty easily.
Currently I have to load (in S3D) the ones I want, send to print. Delete them then load another group. Kind of a nuisance!

Maybe one day it would be a cool feature. Load all 13 models, changes settings once for the group and then you’re ready to start slicing!