Ending Gcode - MK3

MK3
PETG

G4 ; wait
M221 S100
M104 S0 ; turn off temperature
M140 S0 ; turn off heatbed
M107 ; turn off fan
;{if layer_z < max_print_height}G1 Z{z_offset+min(layer_z+30, max_print_height)}{endif} ; Move print head up
G1 X0 Y200; home X axis
M84 ; disable motors

That line that is commented out, does it work? I love the fact that the printer used to get ‘out of the way’. If I uncomment this I assume it will raise up 30mm? Just want to check before I remove the ; :slight_smile:

So far so good, I printed the logo and it came out perfect with basic PETG settings and the MK3 settings…

Thanks in advance.

Rp

1 Like

Yep, it should move the print head up 30 when it’s reached the max print height.

Let us know how it goes!

Daniel

1 Like

Hi,
I commented that line because we’re lacking some of the hooks that make the conditional logic there work. If you simply replace that line with the one below it should work (but may hit the top of your printer if you’re at the very end of a maximum volume print):

(Please test this on a single layer print, or something else small, before using it for a super long print, as I have not tested it in person to ensure that it works flawlessly!)

G91 ; Set to relative mode
G1 Z30 F{{ travel_speed }} ; move nozzle up off print
G90 ; Set to absolute mode

Will give it a try right now, check this out, that ‘line’ is that a graphic thing or a mistake? Will let you know after the print runs…

That infill shouldn’t be there of course?

Uhm yea it put those in the print :)…

Shouldn’t affect things too much, but definitely something went wonky there…

Rp

This worked as expected on my MK3

As you mention if you have a ‘tall’ print I assume this will cause issues, but I don’t think I have ever printed something that tall :)… works for me…

Thanks!

Rp

1 Like

Thanks for checking this out. We’ve seen this happen in a couple of cases but nothing we could really, firmly reproduce until now. Could you send along your gcode and slicing settings if you still have them? Either here or via support@pathio.xyz , whichever you prefer

Feedback sent yesterday at lunch, hope you got it?

Yes, thanks! We’re looking into the weird stringing. No results just yet, sorry! But thanks again for sending along the problem configuration + model, it’s super helpful