Pathio Users

Error message when I try to open the pathio

Hi

I´m having problems not with the printer, but to run the pathio with Windows 10
I contacted the support buy they have no idea what´s happening…
I´m receiving the message below:

IMG_20190328_233056314

2 Likes

Uh oh,

I think we have had this problem before - it’s to do with foreign characters, ie the accent causing problems…

I’m not 100% sure if we have had a fix out for it already, but if we don’t, it should be high on our priority list.

Sorry for the inconvenience, we’ll let you know of any progress.

Daniel

1 Like

Hi Daniel

Thank you for your response.
But you don’t use the different characters. We, in Brazil, have many of them.
A friend downloaded ans installed the Pathio in a Mac with no problems.
If you need a help, in a future, to translate the Pathio to Portuguese, feel free to contact me.
Regards
Marcelo

1 Like

Isn’t this because Windows operating systems does not normalise Unicode characters, like macOS does?

"Windows uses UTF-16. Most codepoints are encoded in two bytes. Codepoints outside the BMP (Basic Multilingual Plane) are encoding in a “surrogate pair” that takes four bytes. Windows does not normalize filenames using any Unicode Normalization Form.

This means you could have two filenames that look identical with one using a precomposed “é” consisting of a single codepoint and the other using a regular ASCII “e” followed by a Unicode combining acute accent, thus two codepoints."

Mike

1 Like

Hey @mtohme,

That’s interesting about it working on mac, does your friend have foreign characters in his name?

Thanks a lot for the offer to translate, we’re hoping for localisation in the future for sure and we really appreciate the offer :slight_smile:

As @24c mentioned, it could be a problem with Windows, but I highly doubt it as utf supports characters like é. I would assume that the problem is with electron or us. Probably us though :confused:

@mtohme we will try and get this fixed ASAP, but for now, if you would like to try pathio, try creating a new user account without foreign characters and let us know how it goes!

@Gabe probably has more information on this issue.

Daniel

1 Like

First of all, thank you very much for your assistence!!
You are correct!
@danwillm, my friend doesn´t have foreign characters in his name!!
I solved the problem and it´s very easy. Just created a new Windows user and Pathio is working now!!

Marcelo

1 Like

That’s great to hear!

I think we probably need to get this issue sorted - it’s affecting quite a few other users. @Gabe ?

We’re looking forward to you letting us know what you think!

Do let us know if you have any more issues or feedback!

Daniel

1 Like

Hello @mtohme

We’ve just pushed out a fix for this issue, could you let us know if it is working for you?

Thanks a lot!

Daniel

1 Like

Hi @danwillm

Sure!! I will check as soon as I return to home.

Thank you!

Marcelo

1 Like

Hello @danwillm

Yes!!! It’s working now. You solved the problem!

Thank you

Marcelo

2 Likes

Awesome!

We look forward to you letting us know what you think of pathio!

Daniel