Pathio Users

Extrusion Multipliers Based on Selected Material

Suggestion Summary: I would like to be able to save my calibration settings such as extrusion multiplier and first layer multiplier for each of the filaments I use in such a way that they auto populate when I chose the material.

Why is this useful?
Each of the different colored filaments I use have slightly different properties (even though they are from the same manufacturer). I find myself having to re adjust my live Z and other settings each time I switch. I am using the printer to prototype small parts and accuracy is important. I would love to be able to go through all my filaments and conduct full tests to hone my extrusion settings and be able to “set it and forget it”

• Do other slicers do this?: Yes, Slic3r Prusa edition has the extrusion multiplier in the filament settings, so each filament can be different, but the first layer height or “first layer height multiplier” is a generic setting.

Keep up the great work guys!

6 Likes

This can be pretty important for softer/flexible materials, as I’ve always had to place the extrusion multiplier to around 110% for ninjaflex (etc).

1 Like

I definitely agree with this suggestion, it would help with multi-color prints as well as multi-material in general. It would be nice to have an extrusion multiplier set by filament type and then have an extrusion multiplier in the print that is a multiple of the preset filament extrusion multiplier (i.e. set multiplier for PETG is 88%, but when you slice it will say extrusion multiplier is 100%, with the option to increase/decrease for certain features, like perimeters or infill, so if you change it to 95% that will become 95% of the original 88%)

1 Like

Interesting idea! We’re currently thinking about the mechanics about how your slicing settings get populated. What comes from the HotEnd? What comes from the Material? What comes from the printer? A lot of the feedback we’ve gotten from folks who print with multi-material machines is that they need this too, so we’re looking at bulking out the material settings.

1 Like

I agree with the above, my materials have different modifiers, especially extrusion multiplier and print temp that i wish to save with each filament a d not a print profile.

1 Like