Pathio Users

LicensingTool and Virtual Machine Issue

Hello, I have an issue activating Pathio on v.0.5.1-beta2 in a virtual machine.

After launching the application, I am greeted with the “Welcome to Pathio!” screen, which states “Looks like your account hasn’t been activated yet” and attempts to activate. A red notification then pops up three times, saying “LicensingTool - Application is being run inside a virtual machine or hypervisor, and activation has been disallowed in the VM”. I’m using Ubuntu 18.04 as a hypervisor, and the guest is running Windows 10 Home. VMs are being managed using virt-manager.

I’m not sure how activation is being disallowed, so I don’t know where to go to enable it. Any insight into the issue would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Kenneth

Hi @kenena,
We don’t allow use in a virtual machine by default, that’s why you’re getting locked out. If you can send an email to support@pathio.xyz from the email address you used to sign up, we can set your account to let you use a virtual environment. Sorry for any trouble!
-Gabe

No problem. I realize it’s not a typical setup to be running; just glad it’s not an actual problem. Thanks for the help (got around to sending out the email a moment ago).