Pathio Users

Newly installed questions

Installed it today… I am a Cura user typically… but looks promising I love some of the features…

1. How do I save the model that comes up, I want to print it as well but playing with other stuff until I get home.
  2. How do I edit the hot end? I have a CR-10 clone but… not sure if its compatible with the one in the predefined.
  3. The docs mention the ability to download other printers?
1 Like

Hey there wthile,

Thanks for coming from facebook!

I’ll hopefully be able to answer your questions one by one:

1. To save a model simply click on the save Gcode button in the top right corner after slicing a model.

2. We have a video coming up on editing extruders, as we do it a bit differently to other slicers. Stay tuned for that! To edit it extruders, click your printer name in the top right corner and click edit extruders. From there you can click on your specific hotend profile (there should only be one). It should be called something along the lines of 1.7mm extruder or Primary extruder.

3. The docs do mention the ability to edit other printers! We’re adding features for the community to upload their own profiles, to share with the world. Stay tuned for that!

Thanks for your feedback and do let me know if you have any more feedback or suggestions!

Daniel

2 Likes

Excellent. while yes you can save the gcode :slight_smile: I want the stl for the pathio item that was sitting on the bed when I installed it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Awesome ok!

I’ve attached the pathio logo Here (64.9 KB)
:slight_smile:

Hope this help and do let me know if you have any other suggestions or feedback!

Daniel

2 Likes

Thank you very much :slight_smile: I just didnt want to lose it when I try and slice something else hahah Here is the initial print. :slight_smile: pathio-wipe-tower pathio2 pathio1

1 Like

Hey wthile!

No problem!

Looks awesome! From what I can see, it came out very nicely!

I’m a little confused to what that circular tower is?

Love the pathio logo print though!

Let us know any other suggestions or feedback you have!

Daniel

The circle is the wipe tower lol. I had 2 issues… 1. the raft would not detacth (scratching my head on that one haha) and 2. the top layer looks like it didnt complete. Any suggestions?

1 Like

I just looked back at the sliced model and there is no top layer on the sliced model… Hummm it printed exactly what was sliced but is missing the top layer. 28%20PM

1 Like

Ah, that’s not good!

1. Have a go at printing without a raft, unless you need it!

2. From what I can see the top layer looks ok, we do have some problems with filling the top layers in completely. Stay tuned for the changelog to see these issues addressed sometime soon!

Daniel

1 Like

yep resliced without the raft and your correct the top layer does not fill in completely But I love the finish and the lack of stringing I get with cura…

That’s great!

Do let us know how you get on with your next print!

Daniel

1 Like