Pathio Users

Pathio Logo Model

Silly question, but I’ve tried searching for the Pathio logo “stl” or “Model 1” and I cannot find it in my computer. It must be somewhere, as I have seen others printing this using other slicers, posting pics, and I need to check with my printer settings, as surprisingly I’m struggling with the first layer. Any pointers please?

Hey 24c,

You are able to retrieve it in the Pathio directory in Program Files and going into the resources folder. Alternatively, I’ve uploaded it here for you :slight_smile:

default_pathio.stl (94.6 KB)

Hope this helps and do let us know if you have any more feedback or suggestions!

Daniel

Thanks @danwillm I was being a dope! I looked in macOS Applications/Pathio… Show Package Contents… /resources, but never scrolled to the bottom past the .lproj folders, as my window was smaller, and I never saw it. Just started printing now, and my issue is because my slicer has a value of 1.1284 not 1.75mm as the filament diameter, and I was under extruding. Hopefully, I can tweak the json configs to sort, otherwise will wait until you offer a post processing script option for the output file. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Haha, not to worry!

You should be able to change the filament diameter? It’s in the filament settings - You can reach that by clicking in the top right and clicking edit filaments in the dropdown.

Let us know how it goes! We look forward to seeing what you print!

Daniel

Hi again @danwillm
Already done thanks, after printing a benchmark model & just finished. Lots of travel stringing, as travel points seem further apart, and took longer to print (surprisingly), so I will work on this. Overall, first layer went down OK, and so onwards and upwards.
BTW, I had to do the filament diameter “trick” in Cura and Slic3r previously, so no biggy. :slight_smile:
Looking forward to that post processing option for the output file, so I can include the write to printer scripts, but in the meantime I’ll be getting the settings tweaked to match existing slicer quality :wink:

Nice!

We look forward to seeing what you print!

We’ve definitely got post processing down as a feature suggestion - keep an eye out for the release notes!

Do let us know if you have any other feedback or suggestions!

Daniel

I assume the Preview mode when you slice the model, will have some print type filters (greyed out top right?), like travel, tool heads etc at some point. It’d be nice to see the travel moves.

Yes, we are absolutely hoping to do that, keep a very close eye on future release notes!

Again, do let us know if you have any other feedback or suggestions!

Daniel

Print Preview improvements are in the works right now. We’re hoping to add all of the functionality you’d want to inspect your gcode, and to be able to cut out any other applications so all of the inspection can be done in Pathio itself.

1 Like