Pathio Users

Share your successes

As much as I like to read about all the bugs and failings of Pathio, I thought it would be nice to share our successes as well.:grinning:
Ive not had much time to play with Pathio but here’s a couple of successful prints.20190218_135714 20190218_135729 20190218_135806 20190221_140250 20190221_140236

4 Likes

Looking amazing! :heart_eyes:

It’s good that you’ve got your retractions dialed in, the default retractions for the ender 3 seem a little too low for some other people.

Do let us know about any more suggestions or feedback you have about pathio! :smiley:

Daniel

Yeah, after printing the Benchy I set the retraction to 6mm @ 60mm/s to match my cura settings.
I also noticed the default hot end profile for ender 3 was set to direct drive.

1 Like

Nice!

I think we’ve got the mistake down. Sorry about that!

Daniel

1 Like

Another successful print today. 20190222_150156 20190222_150226

2 Likes

This was my first print. went very well. issues with the top layer. but all in all a good print. But now… im having issues with the first layer… not sure whats up with that but I will figure it out. Yours is looking great.
pathio1

3 Likes

Here’s my 3 color test with Beta 5 :slight_smile: Retraction still needs to be looked and tweaked, but over all went ok. Can’t wait version with auto merging parts together.

DSCF3661
DSCF3663
DSCF3666

3 Likes

Looking Good!

It seems as though are defaults for retraction are too low for most of the printers.

Let us know how you progress!

Daniel

1 Like

I used 6mm retraction setting on this Geeetech 3-to-1 hotend what i been testing, so running some retraction test prints now.

1 Like

Taz 6, Aerostruder, .35 nozzle
.2 layer height
Slightly modified 2.85mm pla settings

Actually creates significantly better results with less tuning than curale.

One question I do have is why is my auto calculated track width .42 on a .35 nozzle? It seems to work well enough but I don’t seem to be able to figure out why it is considering that, is it purposely adding “squish” to each layer extrusion?

I want dual extruder setup next but am too scared of programming that into pathio by myself.

3 Likes

Looking good!

The track width being larger than the nozzle is fine, you’ll see the same thing on other slicers like slic3r and s3d. The filament that you’re squeezing out is a ball. To lay that down, you’re pushing it down. So as the top drops down (for a thinner layer than your nozzle dia), the sides bulge out as a result.

Hope this clears things up!

Daniel

1 Like

Here are 2 prints, brown one sliced in s3d and the blue in pathio. The sides of the blue print are extremely good espcially since they are 0.6mm, can hardly see the layer lines and the corners are even, except for the nasty seperation where each layer starts.

20190224_155810

The top and bottom of the blue print are not very good, a lot of holes.
20190224_155835

2 Likes

By the way, Auto-aligning is coming in the next release (or perhaps the one after that, I have to double check). Thanks for struggling through in the meantime!!! Really good results, even without an ooze shield!

2 Likes

Z-seam work is on our todo list. What filament was that? So far we are seeing a fair amount of that “chasm” when the hotend isn’t primed enough at the start of a new layer. Try turning up the extra unretract distance and see if it helps.

As for top and bottom holes, that’s interesting. Without dynamic tracking I would expect the curves to be a little messy but not that bad. Perhaps shell-perimeter overlap needs to be turned up a tad? Just a guess at this point…

2 Likes

Thanks, have implemented your suggestions and testing now. Using the Alpha release, btw is still says Beta under the logo at top left. I am using a non branded filament from my local supplier and have not had issues with it for the past 3 plus years.

There is a considerable improvement in the z seam but little change for top and bottom. Since i changed two settings not sure which made the improvement. The model on the right is the newest.

20190225_074631

1 Like

Sorry, was asking what type of filament you’re using. We’ve seen really excellent results with ASA materials, but sometimes PLA has more issues with this “chasm”. We’re still locking down what the actual cause is.

1 Like

oh, I am using pla, haven’t had the need to use other materials

Hi, this is my first try. Printer, Prusa I3 PTS with the PTS/ONE extruder.
Using white PETG (Real3D) without any tinkering on the settings. Very satisfied with the results, they look very promising.

DSCF8024

DSCF8030

DSCF8027

DSCF8028

Is there any way of aleatorizing the layer starting point to avoid that seam ?.

1 Like