Pathio Users

V0.5.2 Beta Released

Beta download link

In this build there are not any new features but keep your eyes open as we will have further information on these very soon.

In this build we have been working hard primarily on a number of bug and quality fixes inclusive of the items detailed below.

  • Fixed a regression in sorting when there are multiple models.
  • Resolved an issue with Licensing tools showing a spurious warning about “grace period”, which was affecting some users.
  • Experimental features are now labeled as experimental.

As mentioned above we are currently working on a number of bug fixes and new features that we hope to share with you very soon.

For your reference we have detailed the build notes for the previous V0.5.2 Alpha build below. (Full notes here: V0.5.2 Alpha 2 Released)

Import and Export Configuration Bundles
You can now import and export a .pathioshare file, which will contain all of your slicing settings, the models you have loaded into Pathio, and the printer and filament(s) that you’re currently using. You can use this to share your setup with a friend! Note that .pathioshare files can be opened just like a .zip file to see each part of the package and extract them manually if you want.

We’ve added wiping Wiping Distance in the Quality Tab. This can help you mitigate blobs and Z-seam artifacts on your prints.

Option to Remove Settings from Gcode
In the advanced section of the printer configuration pane you can now toggle off the generation of the large comment at the start of your gcode files that displays all of Pathio’s slicing settings. If you don’t find that settings dump useful, or you’re using a Gcode post-processor like GPX, you might find it helpful to turn this off.

Fixed problems with printing at less than X0 Y0
We got reports that gcode was not being generated correctly when models were placed in the negative axes (X values less than zero, or Y values less than zero). We’ve fixed that.

Fixed Shell and Perimeter Overlap
The overlap between shells and infill wasn’t being calculated exactly as you’d expect in every case, so we’ve fixed the calculation.